My clinical responsibilities included all aspects of patient management from Radiation Oncology point of view. I involved in initial patient evaluation, assessment of investigations performed, radiotherapy planning, treatment and follow up care. As a part of my senior resident ship training at TMH, I have been exposed to clinical research in all forms from case reports to Retrospective analysis to prospective single arm trials and also randomised controlled trials. I have also received training for specialized radiotherapy procedures like TSET, Electron Arc, 3D-CRT, IMRT, TBI and use of infra red positioning device (EXACTRAC). Also I have been involved in Brachytherapy Procedures as listed below:
a. Interstitial implant in Breast Cancer
b. Interstitial implant in Head & Neck Cancer
c. Perineal interstitial implant
d. Interstitial implant for soft tissue sarcoma
e. Intracavitary Brachytherapy for cancer cervix, including integrated Brachytherapy Unit.
HDR Brachytherapy (Intracavitary)
HDR Brachytherapy (Interstitial)
SCIENTIFIC PAPERS PRESENTED:
- Concurrent Chemoradiation in Anal Canal AROI, Ahmedabad, 2005.
- Factors Affecting the Treatment outcome of Advanced Head & Neck Cancer, AROI, BHU, 2006.
- Chemo radiation in Carcinoma Cervix, a four arm study – AROI, BHU, 2006.
- Malignant Mixed mullerian tumour of the extra genital tract – AROI, Chennai, 2007.
- Factors Affecting the Treatment outcome of Advanced Head & Neck Cancer, AROI, Orissa State Chapter, 2007
- Malignant Melanoma of Gum, a rare case report, AROI, 2008, Mumbai
- Carcinoma Cervix with Skull metastasis, an unusual case report, AROI, 2008, Mumbai.
- Malignant mixed mullerian tumor of the extra genital tract, AROI, 2008, Mumbai
- Salvage re-irradiation for isolated locally recurrent rectal adenocarcinoams: A Pilot Study, JCRT, November 2009, Volume 5, Supplement 2, Page S100.
- Role of Radiotherapy in Cancer, 16th July, IMA Balasore, Orissa.